Withdrawal ProcedureWe understand that there are circumstances such as job relocation or family reasons that causing parents to withdraw the child from the school. Where a child will be withdrawing from the school, prior notice in writing addressed to the Principal must be given one (1) academic term before the intended date of leaving, where one academic term is considered to be latest by the 7th day from the commencement of the School term.
Notice Due Dates in Academic Year 2019-20
|Term||First Day Of Term||Last Day Of Term||Notice Due Date (7 days from commencement of term)|
This one (1) term’s notice is in keeping with Straits International School official withdrawal policy. Failure to do so will result in the forfeiture of the security deposit. Below are the guidelines of withdrawal procedure that parents need to complete at the Admissions office.
1. Submit your written withdrawal notice via Admissions office or email to email@example.com . The withdrawal notice shall include the student’s full name, year group, last day of schooling, reason of withdrawal and the name of the next school enrolling.
2. As soon as the Admissions team receives the withdrawal notice, parents will receive a reply to acknowledge receipt. If the withdrawal notice is submitted through the office, an acknowledgement stamp will be given.
3. The Admissions team will furnish a copy of the Withdrawal Application and Parent Exit Survey Form (Download Below) which needs to be completed and returned to the Admissions office as soon as possible and strictly before the withdrawal deadline period to secure the refund of Security Deposit..
4. For foreign families who hold a Student/ Guardian / Younger Sibling visa, it is mandatory to submit the cancellation of visa two (2) weeks before last day of schooling as per request from the Malaysian Immigration.
5. On the last day of schooling, parents are required to return the Student ID card, locker key and library books (if any) as to fulfil the clearance procedure. Failure to do so, will incur penalty charges and cause a delay in processing the refund.
6. Parents will receive a Letter of Leaving School on the last day of schooling after the clearance made. The Academic Transcript is available only upon request at least a week before the last day of schooling.
7. The Finance department will process the refund of the Security Deposit, Locker Key deposit and meal balance (if any) and will be ready one (1) month after clearance made for withdrawal. Refunds will be made via bank transfer in to the parent’s account as indicated in the Withdrawal Application Form.
8. The Resource Fee and Tuition Fee are not refundable and not pro-ratable upon withdrawal. The balance from the meal card is refundable.
9. If a student lost or is unable to return the student ID card, RM50 will be deducted from the Security Deposit. If a student lost or is unable to return the locker key, the RM50 locker deposit shall be forfeited.
Should you need further clarification* about the withdrawal procedure, please do not hesitate to call in +604-643 1815 and look for the Admissions team.